Even in challenging economic times, there’s something special about Christmas. It’s a season to savor, to forget about atrocious credit card balances, doomed 401Ks, looming stock market plunges, massive layoffs and disastrous unemployment numbers. So, if you’re like us here at Great Places, you’re in the mood to soar way, way over the top with your 2010 Christmas celebration. Here are some ideas:
1. 1. A diamond thong. Triumph International’s black lace offering encrusted with 518 diamonds—30 carats!--arrayed in a floral pattern accented with 28 tassels made of white gold. Price tag? $122,000.
2. The $5 million gift card, to be used exclusively for Halcyon Jets, an on-demand private charter aircraft service.
The Waterford Crystal chess set. One of only 10 ever made, offered together with a metal carrying case. Price tag? $15,000.
4. The Limited Edition Fighter Motorcycle. Another rare find. Only 45 of these 190-mile per hour, carbon-fiber, titanium and aluminum-chassied bikes will be made. Available exclusively at Neiman Marcus. Price tag? $110,000.
5. Dallas Cowboys end zone package. This exclusive package includes pre-game photos with owner Jerry Jones; a luxury suite for the game; tailgating in the end zone with the Cowboy cheerleaders; and much more. Price tag? $500,000, which will be donated to the Salvation Army.
6. Life-size personal replica built with blocks. Renowned artist Nathan Sawaya will create your personal likeness in Lego blocks from a photo and measurements. Price tag? $60,000.
7. Jack Nicklaus’ custom-designed golf course. The Golden Bear will study the site’s topography and landscape maps, send his team to conduct a survey, and then create a formal design plan and color renderings. You choose (and pay) the construction crew to build the course, aided by the Hall of Famer’s design team. When it’s completed, Nicklaus will drop by, play the first round with you, sign his club, and throw in a custom set of his clubs in a personalized bag. Price tag? Starts at $1 million.
8. The Harlem Globetrotters on-court experience. Package includes guaranteed playing time with the world-famous Trotters, intro as a special guest, and access to the team. Price tag? $110,000.
9. Authentic Guinness home pub. This exclusive page includes a fully functional, traditional Irish pub crafted from historic and authentic elements and artifacts, plus a VIP trip for two to Dublin (first-class, of course!) and a year’s free fresh Guinness Stout. Price tag? $250,000.
10. The Neiman Marcus Limited-Edition Individual 7-Series BMW sedan. In addition to the Beemer, Neiman’s provides two business-class roundtrip tickets, a four-day European stay (including overnights in Munich and the French Riviera), gourmet meals and meetings with BMW engineers and designers. Price tag? $160,000.