Because of its properties and effects, marijuana has been effectively used to treat insomnia, anxiety, depression, rheumatism, gastrointestinal dysfunctions, ulcers, cancer, epilepsy, bronchitis, and asthma. Here’s more:
1. Cancer. For years (probably decades!) the opponents of legalizing marijuana—the “anti-dopers”—have claimed that smoking pot causes lung cancer. After all, you’re inhaling smoke, just like you do with cigarettes. That’s just wrong! Researchers at the American Association for Cancer Research have found that smoking marijuana actually works to slow down tumor growth in the lungs, breasts, and brain!
2. Seizures. Marijuana is a muscle relaxant. It has antispasmodic qualities that are effective in treating seizures. Indeed, there are documented cases of sufferers who are seizure-free only because of marijuana!
3. Migraines. Since the medical use marijuana was legalized in California, doctors report that they have successfully treated 300,000 migraine sufferers that conventional medicine couldn’t help—all because of marijuana use!
4. Glaucoma. The best-documented use of marijuana has been the treatment of glaucoma.
5. Multiple Sclerosis. Remember Montel Williams, the former talk-show host? He used pot to treat his MS, which focused media attention on marijuana’s ability to stop the neurological effects and muscle spasms that accompany this dread disease.
6. Tourette’s Syndrome and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Just as marijuana effectively combats seizures and multiple sclerosis, its properties slow down the tics in those suffering from Tourette’s and the obsessive neurological symptoms in people with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
7. ADD and ADHD. A documented study conducted by the University of Southern California concluded that marijuana is not only a perfect alternative for Ritalin but treats the disorder without any of the negative side effects of the pharmaceutical.
8. Crohn’s Disease. Marijuana has been demonstrated to reduce the symptoms of Crohn’s, which is a chronic inflammation of the intestines, by controlling nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
9. Alzheimer’s. Some research suggests that tetra hydro cannabinol, the active ingredient in marijuana, retards deposits in the brain that cause this horrible disease.
10. Premenstrual Syndrome. Marijuana can be used to treat the cramps and discomfort associated with PMS.